Monday, June 21, 2010

Contest!

The wonderful Renae Mercado interviewed me on her blog (which you can read here) and ALSO announced an Agent Pitch Contest that I am very excited to participate in. The details of the contest are also on her blog, but I've listed them below too:

The Rules:

1. You must be a follower of Renae's blog. (The Siren's Song)

2. You must follow my blog (which you probably already are if you are reading this - thanks, by the way!)

3. You can only enter one pitch - in one of my preferred genres (which you can find out here). Your pitch can only be 1-3 sentences long. (not long run on sentences!) Leave your pitches in the comment section today's post on The Siren's Song. (Don't accidentally post them here because then they won't count!)

Prizes:

1st place - entire manuscript submission
2nd place - partial (first 3 chapters) submission
3rd place - query critique

The contest begins today and will be closed tomorrow (Tuesday) at midnight. I hope to see some of your pitches over on Renae's blog, and good luck!

9 comments:

  1. You are very awesome to do this. Thanks! Look forward to learning more about you now that I've found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! Thanks so much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great contest! Thanks for doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great of you, Sarah. What an exciting contest. Quick question, though. On your blog the prizes are listed as critiques. On Renae's blog they're listed as submissions. Is it okay to enter a novel that's not quite query-ready in the hopes of winning a critique? I don't want to blow any future chance by submitting something that's not as perfect as I can make it. But a critique at this stage for me would be invaluable.

    Thanks for the clarification,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. CORRECTION! I know it says critique above, and so there is no confusion - I meant that I will be providing feedback on the submissions, but not full critiques. I misspoke. Sorry everyone! In fact, I'm going to edit the post now.

    Looking forward to reading all your pitches! Thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete