Friday, August 06, 2010

This Pleases Me

This has been a pretty great week, ladies and gentlemen. For many reasons!

First off, PROP 8 WAS OVERTURNED! My faith in humanity is restored once again :)

Second, friend-of-the-blog (and featured wunderkind), Weronika Janczuk, announced that she is officially an associate agent at D4EO Literary Agency! She is planning to focus on commercial fiction, standalone romance titles, thrillers, and non-fiction. But, you can read more details about it HERE.

Next up on the "why this week rules!" list - The Rejectionist declared it Feminist Science Fiction Week. Rad all around!!! If you haven't been following, go catch up and revel in the glory HERE.

Also this week, we were amused/confused/horrified by the news of Justin Bieber's memoir but were almost instantly relieved when we learned it's just going concert photos and maintenance tips for your 'tween-bangs - phew!

Lastly, on a personal note, I had a double dose of awesome earlier this week when I signed up two new clients ON THE SAME DAY. Basically, my head exploded with excitement, and if you'll allow me a couple shameless plugs, you should probably check out the blogs of Feliza-Rose David and Kate Walton. I mean, no reason really. I just thought you'd like them.

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on the two signings.

    Ah! Justin Bieber in a few years we'll be asking 'who?' I wonder does he realise that his fans will grow up and fall out of love with his flippy, floppy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, and not just because I'm in it.

    Mainly, it's because of the corgi. The only things that would make it better are either: a baby in a watermelon or a double rainbow.

    But seriously, though... Feminist science fiction FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who IS Justin Bieber and more importantly, how do you pronounce his last name??? Is he a singer? I've never heard any of his music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Feliza - WHY did I not think to call you & Kate my double rainbow of the week!? sigh.

    @Kathryn - Bieber is 15 and sings. This is all I know. That, and he apparently makes 9 year old girls scream a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it has been the most wonderful of weeks!!!!!! Still not down from the high yet.

    And you know how I feel about girls in sci-fi.

    Thanks for the link to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on two signings. That's awesome. What a fun job you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much great news. Congratulations on signing two new clients! I, too, am relieved to hear the scaled-down plans for Justin Bieber's memoir. (Such news will keep me from having to bang my head on my desk.) Also, Feminist Science Fiction Week is a totally awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your two new clients!

    Just wondering if you got your new celebratory shoes . . .

    We have a tradition in Canada - the Minister of Finance wears new shoes to deliver the Federal budget(exact origins of this are not known, but it probably has something to do with Britain; most of our traditions do). Some say it has something to do with "new direction".

    This could be your tradition too!

    ReplyDelete